By Timi Black
Suspected midnight fire has razed Egbemene community in Warri waterside of Warri South West Local Government Area, Delta state.
Congress gathered that over seven houses were burnt and properties worth millions of naira were destroyed by the midnight inferno.
A community source told Congress newspaper that the midnight inferno which caused havoc in the community was caused by candle light.
The source narrated that a candle light put up by children in a particular home in the community razed the community.
He said the mother left the home in the evening for business, and the children put up candle light in the night and slept off and the candle fell on the carpet of the house.
Acccording to our source, it was neighbours that rescued the children from the house while they were fast asleep.
He further added that no life was lost in spite several houses and properties were destroyed.