Connect with us


18-year-old student on holiday electrocuted in Delta



By Sylvester Idowu, Warri

Anxiety as 18-year-old young man, Chibuike Emmanuel was on Tuesday night electrocuted while charging his Iphone 8 at Ozoro community in Isoko North Local Government area of Delta State.

The victim, who was brought from Lagos to spend his holiday at Ozoro, was said to have died at about 5 pm in the residence of her mum’s friend.

THISDAY exclusively gathered that the incident was reported to the police by the deceased mother’s friend, one Arumuwa Blessings at about 7 pm on Tuesday.

It was learnt that the deceased, who was brought from Lagos by her mum’s friend on holiday, while charging his phone with Benin Electricity Distribution Company (BEDC) light was electrocuted.

“The deceased, an 18 years old who was on holiday with his mother’s friend, Arumuwa Blessings, female of Idheze road, Ozoro, reported that at about 1700hrs, her friend’s son, Chibuike Emmanuel, who she brought from Lagos to Ozoro on holidays died while lying on the floor charging his phone”, security sources said.

The deceased was said to be charging an Iphone 8 with BEDC current placed on his chest and slept off resulting in his being electrocuted.

It was learnt that the deceased was rushed to Okeleke hospital for resuscitation but was confirmed dead and body evacuated and deposited at Bromic private mortuary, Ozoro while police is awaiting autopsy report.

Delta State Police Public Relations Officer, Edafe Bright, a Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) confirmed the incident.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *