A nursing mother, Mrs Latifa Seiyi has been electrocuted in Agip Estate area of Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, Rivers State on Saturday.
It was learnt the nursing mother was electrocuted when a high tension wire fell on the roof of the deceased building.
A resident who identified himself as Stanley, said the woman stepped on a live cable when she was rushing to save her four months old baby from falling.
An eyewitness, who spoke in anonymity, blamed the act on building houses under high tension and called on the government to end the menace.
According to the source: “The incident is pathetic. It is something that nobody would want to see happen. The woman just gave birth some four months ago.
“We were at home when the cable fell. I would have also been a victim. The woman was rushing to the room to save her daughter but her legs touched the cable.
“The cable burnt her legs. She struggled to save her daughter but she never knew that the protector had current. It was that one that killed her.”