Connect with us


BREAKING: Police grill Ovie of Ewhreni HRM Eruwedede, Marierie over community crisis



The Inspector general of police in Abuja, on Tuesday grilled the Ovie of Ewhreni, HRM Eruwedede Owin Kumani alongside Hon. Samuel Marierie over what he described as endless cases of killings and arson in Ewhreni community.

The king who was invited by the police over the death of one Muvi Unuagha alongside other cases of murder in the community was programmed for an interview with the DIG FCIID, Abuja.

The king and honourable Samuel Marierie appeared at the force FCIID with a retinue of different Urhobo Kings including the Ovies of Abraka, Ovie of Effurun-otor, other Kings, a palace Chiefs and their counsel Barrister Olorogun.

Aggrieved indigenes of the community who gathered at force headquarters allegedly booed the king on his arrival with his co- kings at the venue of the meeting within the force FCIID.

This led to exchange of fist between them and the king whose bead was claimed to have been cut- off from him in the process.

However, It took the intervention of the Assistant Commissioner of police to restore immediate peace.

At the venue of the interview, the DIG respectfully directed that the kings who are not of Ewhreni origin should excuse the meeting as their claim of been delegated by the council of Kings was not sustainable as the DIG requested for a letter to that effect which was not presented and they were directed to leave.

The complainants had their lawyer Barrister Ogedegbe with them during the presentation.
After their narrations, the King could not put himself together other than to weep loudly. He was been comforted by Hon. Samuel Marierie who was feeling disappointed.

The king in tears pleaded with the police to give him three months to go and make amends with his aggrieved subjects and the police conceded that he has two months to do so.

The police DIG directed that the king should be released on bail while Hon. Samuel Marierie should be detained for some days before he was later released.

When contacted, the counsel to the complainants, Omes Ogedegbe confirmed the development.

However, efforts to reach out to the king for comment was abortive as his number was not connecting at press time.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply